MathJax

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

P90X Day 2: Plyometrics

Had to cancel a JohnAir flight this morning due to low clouds--and so my workout schedule continues unabated. Had KPAE - 0S9 been VFR this morning, I would merely have moved today's workout to after work and prepared for a crunch tomorrow morning.

Date last night involving pub trivia. This would have been an excuse for the faint of heart to have a beer (because of the trivia tradition, not the date. She was great.)--and what are you supposed to eat at a pub if you're going way-ass healthy? Glad you asked! Unsweetened iced tea and a bunless/cheeseless burger. Extra tasty with caramelized onions and avocados. Believe me, that was a sacrifice. Not.

So, Plyo. Plyo appears every 3 out of every 4 weeks of P90X. It's there a lot. It's intense. I'm not at 100% of the motions, but it's good and I solidly made it through. It reminds me of the little muscles that have gotten slightly weaker in the last few months, some of which were surprising. Having heart rate data from my FitBit was nice, too. Compared to the first time I did P90X, I'm much better at keeping my landings soft and much more willing to compromise the range of a move in order to ensure a soft landing. It's good for the knees, and it's good for the muscles that are bringing you to a silent halt.

My weight has dropped below my never-exceed threshold, but we call that "water weight." And I like water. I have full confidence that I'll reestablish a set point at a weight comfortably below that threshold once more. You just gotta keep showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment