MathJax

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

P90X Day 3: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

I made the mistake last night of staying up past my bedtime reading. And before that, I was on my computer working on homework for the Parallel Programming course at Coursera. The consequences this morning were a round-trip of the snooze alarm (shameful!) and still being tired for my workout. Plus I was sore.

So today was a little tougher. Luckily, the workouts are aligned such that you're beating the crap out of different muscle groups every day, so my shoulders and arms were ready. The real challenge will come with Legs and Back day on Friday (thanks to Plyo + daily biking) and weeks 2 and 3.

Even though today was a little tougher, it wasn't nearly as tough as it seemed like it would be when I started the DVD. So just go for it. The routines are well-timed with breaks just when you need them, and even though you're working out for an hour, most of your muscles are resting most of the time. I really think that's why this program has gathered such a following (as far as routine design goes. There's a bunch of psychological/motivational stuff snuck in there, too).

I learned yesterday that BeachBody discontinued the old orange P90X recovery formula and that the new chocolate one tastes awful. I think this means more eggs in my future.

Tomorrow is yoga. Thank God for yoga. The first three days in the week really break you down, and yoga builds you right back up. It's a longer routine, so I'm getting up earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment