MathJax

Saturday, August 27, 2016

P90X Day...48, I guess. Let's do Day 48 again: Kenpo X

Re-doing kenpo went well today. Due to my break I had plenty of glycogen reserves and did bonus repetitions for just about every move in the sequence. Hit hard.

Two weeks is a long time. You need to exercise more often than that. While I've been...moving? during that time, I haven't kept to my workout schedule. I'll blame house guests at first and I'll blame a slight cold later, maybe I'll blame going on call somehow (which doesn't make any sense), but it's really, really, really, really important to not let myself off the hook too easily. In any case, the best way to get back on the rails was to do Kenpo today, go into the phase 2-phase 3 transition week next week, and rocket into phase 3 the week after. So my workouts are getting back in order.

Let's check up on everything else real fast:

  • FitBit: MALFUNCTIONING. I need to try turning everything off and on again--I have no Phase 2 data from my FitBit tracker. I've still got the scale measurements, though.
  • Photos: Luckily there are date stamps to reconstruct the history, but part of messing with my routine means I'm missing a few weeks of those, too.
  • Sleep: Actually pretty good--though I'd rather let my FitBit be the judge of that. 
  • Hair: Cut. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm irresponsible with long hair. I've resigned myself to always having a haircut that plays well with a bike commute with no maintenance. The marginal benefit of fancy-pants hair isn't worth the risk that it goes full-Goomba, unchecked, for weeks at a time.
  • Food: The fridge is due for a cleaning again. I don't think I've cooked for myself beyond the microwave in a week. Sure, I can blame the cold again.
Me with long hair (artist's rendition)
nintendo.wikia.com
So there's a lot of work built up to get me fully back on the rails and I need the motivation to do it. This is in the midst of looking at buying my first home and ever-fancy plans at work. Plus there's a marginally-drivable car that I still need to get rid of. Priorities, priorities, priorities...right:
  • Today: house BBQ, don't try any tough stuff
  • Tomorrow: Morning: X Stretch, go to mass, Afternoon: clean fridge, Evening: Restart phone and FitBit, see if I can sync again. How have I gone this long without my heart rate data?

No comments:

Post a Comment