MathJax

Saturday, July 9, 2016

P90X Day 13: Kenpo X

Weekends are a great chance to sleep in. I'm a bit annoyed with myself for spending time on my phone before getting out of bed. So dumb, and seemingly driven by social motives.

Life tip: When you're eating super-clean for two weeks, a dried date tastes like a friggin' Snickers bar. At ~70 calories, it's got about the same calorie density. The bonus is it's much easier to stop after one or two. Somehow your body is okay just eating a couple.

P90X* is a great keystone habit. "Keystone habits" are good habits that beget other good habits. Intense, inescapable workouts drive healthier food choices. Working out first thing in the morning drives better bedtimes. Or at least, in my case, it tries. On the other side of the spectrum you can have eating what you feel like, staying up with the computer, and moving in a way that never makes you uncomfortable until you collapse of a heart attack. For most of the time, for most people, you don't have to live either of those extreme examples. But if you haven't tried dedicated, regular exercise with eating habits rooted in recent lessons (NOT the old FDA Food Pyramid, for goodness' sake) and sleeping well, it's worth giving it a try to find out what you're missing. I recommend you try feeling awesome.




*If it's been forever since you've exercised, replace P90X with Power90. I wouldn't be where I am today if I started out from where I was by trying to make P90X work.

No comments:

Post a Comment