MathJax

Sunday, July 17, 2016

P90X Day 21: X Stretch

Field trip for today's exercise: The Seattle to Portland finish line. I didn't ride this year, but while waiting to meet up with friends who did ride I realized I had time to get in my stretch. Good thing, too, since I just got back to Seattle at 11pm. Tomorrow starts my permuted recovery week with Core Synergistics. It's more a core week than a recovery week. No ab ripper. No pull-ups. Few weights. See you tomorrow.

Also, 7+ hours in a car...yuck. I-5 North traffic was unpleasant. The rest stops and gas stops were welcome breaks at the halfway point. I'm not ready for a sedentary life. The standing desk at work has me spoiled.

Being at the STP finish line did make me wish I was riding again. I don't want to do it at the same time I'm doing P90X + operation dad-bod-rad-bod. The main reason there is I'm staying strict paleo for this P90X round and that just doesn't play well with supported bike ride food. I think you're perfectly healthy if you eat the STP food while doing STP, but then I'm just not incorporating my paleo half of the experiment into the mix.

I also don't want to do STP on a commuter bike again with minimal training. Next time is probably where I break down, get an actual road bike, actually train...maybe even single-day it. The riders couldn't have asked for better weather this year: low-70s + overcast. 16-18 hours of riding followed by an unapologetic burrito and a beer garden beer in Holladay Park with a Sunday to enjoy Portland sounds pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment