MathJax

Monday, July 4, 2016

P90X Day 8: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

Happy 4th of July!

The first repeat workout has arrived. Round 2 definitely showed some improvements in form and performance. It reminded me of how, when I finished P90X the first time, I merely had to command my body to move in such a way and it would obey. Gripping a pull-up bar, if I wished to rise, would rise, and so forth. I'm not 100% back in that state yet, but a taste of a return to that sort of relationship with my body came far sooner than I expected.

I enjoyed some very gracious hospitality this weekend full of options to stray from my nutrition plan. In one way, I resisted successfully, in that I didn't have anything off-plan, but in another way, I didn't resist nearly so much as you might think necessary. A riddle, no? How could I resist and yet not resist?

Here is the trick: The wine, the doughnuts, the cheeses, the crackers, all graciously offered and gladly enjoyed in other circumstances--I did not resist them. Rather, I pretended they were ghostly apparitions of such. This made the refusal easier on my part and less guilt-inducing on my honorable hosts. And truth be told, I suffered little. One living on broccoli, eggs, berries, and crab is hardly starving or needing pity in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment